Kaufman Team Members
This week we continue our series of interviews with agents and staff members. We hope these quick peeks into the lives of our team members will go beyond putting a face with a name. These snippets will give you an informative and sometimes humorous look at our most important asset, our people.
Couple of interesting facts about Nolan: At one time he held the records for the most rushing yards, touchdowns, and points in a season, as well as the 100m, 200m, and 4x100m dashes at West Holmes High School. He’s held some other records but his memory along with his speed has left him. Currently Nolan serves as a Richland Township Trustee (Holmes County) and is a member of the Kaufman Leadership Team.
- Full Name: Nolan Brock Mackey
- Family: Wife- Megan Children- Noble and May
- No nickname: None that stuck anyway
- First Job: Wilson’s Country Creations (concrete statues). Same summer I worked at Walnut Creek Lumber. Stacked hay before that, but was not employed.
- Worst job: Roofing
- Motto or Credo: I always try to do what is right, and I always think of others. So I guess, Do what is right??
- A great day is comprised of these elements: This list could get long, so I will keep it simple with Family
- Hobbies: Riding (RZR, ATV, UTVs), Hunting, Cooking (sometimes)
- Favorite Sport or event to watch, live or on TV: BUCKEYES FOOTBALL, BUCKEYES, BUCKEYES, and BUCKEYES
- Proudest Childhood Accomplishment: Won Science and History Fairs in Elementary. Athletics
- What did you want to be when you grew up: Buckeye Football Player, or Rambo.
- If you were a super hero, what powers would you have: Invisibility
- It’s Karaoke night and you have to sing, what’s your go to song: Friends in Low Places, Hang on Sloopy. If already taken, anything Metallica it’s surprisingly easier than anything Johnny Cash. Trust me.
- What two stations or Podcasts do you listen to most in your car: Metallica, Garth Brooks, Sirius Octane, and Country stations. I’m very intense, and also calm. Check out my DISC assessment.
- What makes you laugh: A lot, mostly myself
- What is your favorite book to read and who is your favorite author: Hard question. I am a reader. I think there is only one right answer – The Bible
- Alaska or Hawaii, which would you rather visit for vacation and why: They are both at the very top of my list. Both would be beautiful.
- Of your five senses, which is the strongest and why: Probably smell, because I often sense something others cannot
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say: No idea
- How many pair of shoes do you own: 6
- If you could share a coffee with four individuals, living or dead, who would they be: Biblical 1) Jesus 2) Adam 3) Noah 4) Moses; Non-Biblical – 1)Any family member I did not have a chance to meet in my life time. 2)Frontiersman, explorers like Daniel Boone, Simon Kenton 3) Great leaders like George Washington or the Founding Fathers. I could go on and on…
- If you had to describe yourself using an animal, which one would it be and why: Most certainly a lion because I am king of the jungle…or maybe a pussy cat…who knows
- What is something that scares you but you really want to try it: nothing
- What is something you tried that you’ll never do again: As a small child I put tweezers in an electrical outlet. Electricity came out my foot and blew a hole in the floor. Scar on my foot and my leg didn’t work for a bit. Doc said I was lucky to be alive. I will never try that again.
- On a scale of 1 – 10 how painful is the questionnaire: Beginning 1 End 10
Kaufman serves Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania, with real estate and auction services as well as communities throughout the country through the MarkNet Alliance.
Always adding a local face and local knowledge to your transaction, contact us and Get to Know a Kaufman.