Kaufman Team Agent & Auctioneer
This week we continue our series of interviews with agents and staff members. We hope these quick peeks into the lives of our team members will go beyond putting a face with a name. These snippets will give you an informative and sometimes humorous look at our most important asset, our people. This week’s interview is with real estate agent and auctioneer Jake Schlabach.
Jake is one of the longest tenured agent/auctioneers on the Kaufman Team and in the area. Starting as an auctioneer in 1980 and a real estate agent in ’85 he has been a fixture in both arenas for over three decades. Along with selling real estate, Jake is a long time livestock and horse auctioneer with weekly engagements at the Damascus, Mt. Hope, and Kidron Livestock Auctions. Previous to his involvement in auctioneering he worked for timber crews which gives him extra knowledge in the sale of vacant and recreational acreage.
Get to Know a Kaufman
- Full Name -Jacob Schlabach
- Family-Wife Arlene, Daughter Susanna and Son-in-law Tyler, Son Eric, plus I am also blessed to still have my parents and all my siblings.
- Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it-most people call me Jake for short
- First Job-I mowed hay with horses before I was in 1st grade, so I guess farming
- Worst Job-nothing is so bad that there is not something good about it
- Personal motto or credo-The Golden Rule
- A great day is comprised of these elements-A successful auction, completed in time to be home for supper
- Hobbies-I don’t really take time for hobbies
- Favorite Sport or event to watch, live or on TV-NFL or college football, high school baseball and basketball
- What did you want to be when you grew up-A singer
- If you were a super hero, what powers would you have-To stop injustices and help people that are hurting
- It’s Karaoke night and you have to sing, what’s your go to song-I like a lot of songs
- What two stations or Podcasts do you listen to most in your car-Local radio
- Alaska or Hawaii, which would you rather visit for vacation and why-Hawaii, I’ve never been to a tropical area
- Of your five senses, which is the strongest and why-I’m guessing sight, constantly watching for bids at auctions
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say-I’m in hurry, so please don’t drive slowly in front of me
- How many pair of shoes do you own-no idea, but I have a couple old pairs I should get rid of
- If you could share a coffee with four individuals, living or dead, who would they be-Abraham, Solomon, Menno Troyer-the Grandpa I never met, Peter Schlabach-ancestor-immigrant
- If you had to describe yourself using an animal, which one would it be and why-Horses, I’m familiar with them
- What is something that scares you but you really want to try it-Skydiving
- What is something you tried that you’ll never do again-Driving waaaay to fast
- On a scale of 1 – 10 how painful is the questionnaire-It is what you make it to be
Kaufman serves Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania, with real estate and auction services as well as communities throughout the country through the MarkNet Alliance.
Always adding a local face and local knowledge to your transaction, contact us and Get to Know a Kaufman.