Kaufman Team Members
This week we continue our series of interviews with agents and staff members. We hope these quick peeks into the lives of our team members will go beyond putting a face with a name. These snippets will give you an informative and sometimes humorous look at our most important asset, our people. This week’s interview is with our Sunshine State transplant, Susan Crilow. We’d like to thank her husband Josh for pulling her out of Sarasota to the sometimes gloomy confines of Ohio.
Susan is a go to for all things real estate, having worked as the closing manager, full-time agent, and assistant to Dave, she now works as Jr. Miller’s listing/buyer’s agent.
Get to Know a Kaufman
- Full Name – Susan Malinda Yoder/Crilow: I was named after both of my Grandmas. My parents flipped a coin when I was born to see which Grandma’s name would be first, and which Grandma’s name would be middle.
- Family – I’m married to Josh Crilow and we have 2 boys. Lane (9) & Trevan (6)
- Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it – No nickname
- First Job – My first “paying” job was at our family’s restaurant (50’s Diner Sarasota FL) when I was 13.
- Worst Job – At the time, my worst job was doing all the “work” at home growing up (picking up rotten oranges/grapefruit from the yard, and all the other every Saturday jobs we had to do) However, now I truly appreciate the work ethic that my parents instilled in my sisters and I.
- Personal motto or credo – This too shall pass. & There is always something to be thankful for!
- A great day is comprised of these elements – Family, Friends, and Good Laughs
- Hobbies – I enjoy Photography, Organizing our house & then reorganizing it, spending time outside, gardening, & I love lazy weekends at home with my family playing outside
- Favorite Sport or event to watch, live or on TV – Basketball GO CAVS!
- What did you want to be when you grew up – Teacher, Nurse, Flight Attendant, Grocery clerk etc.….it changed from week to week – But I knew I always wanted to be a Mom! And I love everything about it!
- If you were a super hero, what powers would you have – I’d love to be able to go back in time and re-experience those really great days! I’d also love to fly!
- It’s Karaoke night and you have to sing, what’s your go to song – I have to sing? If I absolutely had to, then I’d drag friends up with me, and we’d sing Love Shack
- What two stations or Podcasts do you listen to most in your car – I’m a flipper, constantly scanning.
- What makes you laugh – funny people, also when people trip/fall (as long as they aren’t hurt)
- What is your favorite book to read and who is your favorite author – Haven’t read a book in a long time, I’d rather read good articles
- Alaska or Hawaii, which would you rather visit for vacation and why – Alaska or Hawaii, that’s a tough one. Probably Hawaii, because I love the beach – but I’d love to go fishing in Alaska. I’d be happy with either one!
- Of your five senses, which is the strongest and why – I can smell well, also appears to be quite good a rhyming.
- How many pair of shoes do you own – too many!
- If you could share a coffee with four individuals, living or dead, who would they be – My friend Teresa, my 2 Grandmas and my Grandpa that I never met
- What is something you tried that you’ll never do again – That one ride at the amusement park that takes you super high and lets you sit up there forever, and then drops unexpectedly. Hated it.
- On a scale of 1 – 10 how painful is the questionnaire – 9.5
Kaufman serves Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania, with real estate and auction services as well as communities throughout the country through the MarkNet Alliance.
Always adding a local face and local knowledge to your transaction, contact us and Get to Know a Kaufman.