Kaufman Team Members
This week we continue our series of interviews with agents and staff members. We hope these quick peeks into the lives of our team members will go beyond putting a face with a name. These snippets will give you an informative and sometimes humorous look at our most important asset, our people. This week’s interview is with Pam Bickel, our advertising and marketing manager.
Pam wears a ton of hats from handling traditional advertising to online adaptive marketing and all of Anthony’s HR chores and new ideas. Needless to say, she is one of the busiest people at the office. Just ask her what its like when Anthony is out of the office and think’s she’s a personal notepad. With all these duties and her cheery demeanor, Pam has become an integral part of the Kaufman Team.
- Full Name: Pamela Jean Bickel
- Family: Husband Todd Daughter Mariah & son in law Jacob
- Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it: little Pammy (grandma started this and little was in dutch, but I don’t know how to spell it)
- First Job: Dishwasher at an old restaurant in Apple Creek
- Worst Job: State Tested Nursing Assistant. Although it was probably the worst job it was also the most fulfilling.
- Personal motto or credo: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Col 3:23-24
- A great day is comprised of these elements: Good food surrounded by my family remembering when times were easier and great memories that always make me laugh. And maybe a nap
- Hobbies: Oh I really don’t have any hobbies to speak of. I love fishing, but don’t get to do it often and I was at one time a very good archery competition shooter, but again life got busy and I forgot I guess what I enjoy doing.
- Favorite Sport or event to watch, live or on TV: football
- Proudest Childhood Accomplishment: Catching bigger fish than Grandpa.
- What did you want to be when you grew up: I always thought I wanted to be a nurse, but the thought of being a truck driver was appealing to me at one time just because I wanted to travel.
- If you were a super hero, what powers would you have: The thoughts of others
- It’s Karaoke night and you have to sing, what’s your go to song: Meatloaf- Two out of three ain’t bad
- What two stations or Podcasts do you listen to most in your car: The message and 95.9. I do like old country but there is so much on the radio anymore that I can hardly stand to listen to commercials.
- What makes you laugh: My aunts, and the Kaufman crew. I love to laugh and I don’t do it enough
- What is your favorite book to read and who is your favorite author: I would have to say The bible. There is not a problem or worry that is not covered in the bible along with the motivation needed to make it in todays world. I do like reading books about WWII and Vietnam as well.
- Alaska or Hawaii, which would you rather visit for vacation and why: Definitely Alaska. I was raised loving the outdoors and I think Alaska is the ultimate outdoors.
- Of your five senses, which is the strongest and why: That is tough I think I would have to say sight since I feel I can tell a lot about people just from watching them and their reactions.
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say: My warning label would probably say easily offended, but won’t let you know and I don’t forgive easily.
- How many pair of shoes do you own: Probably around 20, but I only wear about 4 of them
- If you could share a coffee with four individuals, living or dead, who would they be: My Mom although she never drank coffee I would give anything to sit with her again. My grandpa because I always believed him to be the wisest, most kind man ever.
- What is something you tried that you’ll never do again: I really can’t think of anything. I have not had the opportunity to go out and be adventurous or daring.
- On a scale of 1 – 10 how painful is the questionnaire: 15
Kaufman serves Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania, with real estate and auction services as well as communities throughout the country through the MarkNet Alliance.
Always adding a local face and local knowledge to your transaction, contact us and Get to Know a Kaufman.