Kaufman Agent and Auctioneer This week we continue our series of interviews with agents and staff members. We hope these quick peeks into the lives of our team members will go beyond putting a face with a name. These snippets will give you an informative and sometimes humorous look at our most important asset, our people. This week’s interview is with real estate agent and auctioneer Jason Miller. Since starting with the company Jason has won numerous auctioneering competitions including the coveted IAC (International Auctioneers Championship) and become a partner in the firm. In addition to duties as an auctioneer, agent, and business partner, Jason has always fancied himself a farmer. He runs around 70 head of red angus and crossbred cattle on his farms in Guernsey County. If you can’t find him at an auction he’s probably on a tractor with his son Grant, teaching his oldest Brock the art of grilling and cooking or spoiling his daughters Kari and Cadence. Jason, his wife Anna and family live in the rolling hills of Antrim, Ohio adjacent to the Salt Fork Lake Region.
Get to Know a Kaufman
- Full Name: Jason Lynn Miller
- Family: Wife Anna, Kids Brock 15, Kari 11, Cadence 8 & Grant 5
- Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it: Mostly just Jase but in my old life they called my Racin Jason – No idea why……..
- First Job: Milking cows & Construction- building post frame buildings.
- Worst Job: As a kid dad “allowed” me to work for a neighbor removing leaves from sorghum stalks prior to harvesting stalks to press for molasses. Chopping rows of sorghum in a 10 acre field at 12 years old will give you perspective on the length of eternity!
- Personal motto or credo: “Is the juice worth the squeeze?”
- A great day is comprised of these elements: Unrushed morning coffee with my wife and kids, a successful land auction and an evening ride through the cows checking for new calves.
- Hobbies: Raising cattle, traveling and an occasional round of golf.
- Favorite Sport or event to watch, live or on TV: The Masters, and Ohio State football.
- What did you want to be when you grew up: A rancher
- If you were a super hero, what powers would you have: The power to eliminate cancer.
- It’s Karaoke night and you have to sing, what’s your go to song: Apparently you haven’t heard me sing! If I could sing it would be George Jones song “Choices”
- What two stations or Podcasts do you listen to most in your car: Enlighten Southern Gospel & The Ziglar show podcast.
- What makes you laugh: Hanging out with my 5 brothers, something funny WILL come up.
- What is your favorite book to read and who is your favorite author: See You at the Top. Zig Ziglar
- Alaska or Hawaii, which would you rather visit for vacation and why: Alaska –I’ve been to Hawaii, Alaska seems like the last undisturbed American frontier with a hint of danger and rugged adventure.
- Of your five senses, which is the strongest and why: Sight – keenly developed watching for bids and state troopers…
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say: “Keep moving and nobody gets hurt”.
- How many pair of shoes do you own: Really? 4 pairs of shoes and maybe 8-10 pairs of boots.
- If you could share a coffee with four individuals, living or dead, who would they be: My Dad who was my first hero, George W. Bush, Bob Beaudine & Moses.
- What is something that scares you but you really want to try it: Skydiving
- What is something you tried that you’ll never do again: Having my gall bladder removed and eating sauerkraut!
- On a scale of 1 – 10 how painful is the questionnaire: 17
Kaufman serves Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania, with real estate and auction services as well as communities throughout the country through the MarkNet Alliance. Always adding a local face and local knowledge to your transaction, contact us and Get to Know a Kaufman agent or auctioneer.