Kaufman Agent and Auctioneer
This week we continue our series of interviews with agents and staff members. We hope these quick peeks into the lives of our team members will go beyond putting a face with a name. These snippets will give you an informative and sometimes humorous look at our most important asset, our people. This week’s interview is with real estate agent and auctioneer Curt Yoder.
Curt brings quite a bit to the Kaufman Team including being married to Dave’s only daughter Erica. Since starting with the company Curt has won the Ohio Auctioneer’s Competition and become a partner in the firm. In addition to his numerous business duties he is also a Worship Leader at his church and along with Erica co-founded Pure Gift of God, a ministry that “Makes Adoption Possible”. An avid runner he has competed in numerous half marathons including the Columbus Nationwide Children’s Half, the yearly fundraiser for Pure Gift of God. Visit the link above to find out more about the ministry, donate or become part of the PGOG running team.
Get to Know a Kaufman
- Full Name: Curtis LaVon Yoder
- Family: Erica, Kate, Luke, Micah, & Maddie
- Do you have a nickname, if so what is it and how did you get it: In school my friends called me “Cletus”. Not sure why or how I got it. Today my wife has many nicknames for me…none of which I will tell. LOL!!!, FYI my brother in laws are currently throwing up.
- First Job: – technically my first job was helping my dad on the farm. My first PAYING job was detailing cars for my brother in law.
- Worst Job: – scraping hog manure on my dad’s farm. Oh that smell…you couldn’t get rid of it. It had to wear off! My dad thought it smelled like money, ugh!
- Personal motto or credo: – What comes around goes around and Make the best of every opportunity
- A great day is comprised of these elements: lazing around the pool/beach
- Hobbies: running, basketball, golf,
- Favorite Sport or event to watch, live or on TV: College football
- Proudest Childhood: Accomplishment getting the smell of hog manure off my hands
- What did you want to be when you grew up: something where I would be around people
- If you were a super hero, what powers would you have: Invisible…because there’s always those times you just want to disappear…
- What two stations or Podcasts do you listen to most in your car: Tim Ferris & Dave Ramsey Podcasts, Worship & Country music
- What makes you laugh: watching an actual funny comedy with my wife. When she starts laughing at something I always start laughing too
- What is your favorite book to read and who is your favorite author: Bible/God, and then really any self-help stuff by Malcolm Gladwell, Jon Acuff, Simeon Sinek, Dave Ramsey, etc.
- Alaska or Hawaii, which would you rather visit for vacation and why: Hawaii, I like tropical
- Of your five senses, which is the strongest and why eyesight: been 20/20 my whole life
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say: Don’t push too far…eventually will explode
- How many pair of shoes do you own: 15 or so
- If you could share a coffee with four individuals, living or dead, who would they be: My Grandpa Mose, Michael Jordan, George W. Bush, David (from the Bible, not my brother in law)
- What is something that scares you but you really want to try it: Skydiving or bungee jumping
- What is something you tried that you’ll never do again: staying in a primitive cabin in Upper Peninsula Michigan in 20 below zero temps on a snowmobiling trip. Next time I snowmobile I will stay at a hotel with a hot tub, toilet, and running water!
- On a scale of 1 – 10 how painful is the questionnaire: 6
Kaufman serves Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania, with real estate and auction services as well as communities throughout the country through the MarkNet Alliance.
Always adding a local face and local knowledge to your transaction, contact us and Get to Know a Kaufman agent or auctioneer.